12 THINGS YOU CAN TRY FOR THE LENTEN SEASON:
12. Try this Lent devotion calendar and do different practices every week.
11. Try this "Lent in a Box" booklet.
10. Try an electronic fast. Give up TV, Facebook, texting, tweeting, email and all things electronic for one day every week. (Or every day of Lent!) Use the time to read and pray. Learn about fasting.
9. Start a prayer rhythm. Each day of Lent, go to The Upper Room's prayer wall and pray for another person.
8. Go deeper. Take an online course as a part of your Lenten discipline.
7. Forgive someone who doesn't deserve it (maybe even yourself). Study a book on forgiveness, such as Forgiveness, the Passionate Journey.
6. Give up soft drinks, fast food, tea or coffee. Let Juliana’s Ice Cream Fast inspire you to give up some food or drink as a way to grow closer to God. Give the money you save to help folks in a different part of the world who are in crisis.
5. Create a daily quiet time. Spend 10 minutes a day in silence and prayer. Read a daily devotional for the season of Lent. See how it can help you add spiritual practice to your daily life beyond Lent.
4. Cultivate a life of gratitude. Write someone a thank-you letter each week, and be aware of how many people have helped you along the way. Learn more about the spiritual practice of gratitude.
3. Visit Sight Psalms and spend time in visual meditation and prayer.
2. Volunteer one hour or more each week with a local shelter, tutoring program, nursing home or prison ministry. Pray for the world.
1. Pray for others you see as you walk to and from classes or drive to and from work.